OUR SURGERY TELEPHONES WILL BE CLOSED ON TUESDAY 6TH DECEMBER 2016 BETWEEN 12-3PM FOR ESSENTIAL STAFF TRAINING. THE PRACTICE WILL BE OPEN FOR APPOINTMENT ARRIVALS ONLY, QUERIES AND BOOKINGS CANNOT BE DEALT WITH DURING THIS TIME. WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE YOU
WE ARE CURRENTLY BOOKING APPOINTMENTS FOR THE ADULT AND CHILD FLU VACCINATIONS
Adult patients are eligible to receive a free NHS flu vaccination if they:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if they fall ill
- are a front-line health and social care worker. It is the employer's responsibility to arrange their vaccination
Child patients are eligible to receive an NHS flu vaccine if they:
- are aged 2, 3 or 4 on 31st August 2016 (born between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2014), this vaccine is in the form of a nasal spray
- Children aged from 6 months in an at-risk group for flu. If aged 6 months to under 2 years a flu vaccination is given. Children in an at-risk group over 2 years will be assessed for the vaccine in the form of a nasal spray
To book your flu vaccination appointment please call and speak to a Receptionist.
WELCOME TO CHRISTCHURCH FAMILY MEDICAL CENTRE
The staff of Christchurch Family Medical Centre, pride themselves on providing patients with care and support when they need it the most.
From our modern surgery located in the centre of Downend, our team of clinical staff including 7 GPs The GP Team, a Nurse Practitioner, 5 Trained Nurses, 2 Phlebotomists and a Health Care Assistant The Nursing Team offer a wide range of NHS services and specialist clinics
Our patients are our priority, in the event that all on the day appointments have been booked and patients feel that their illness or concerns cannot wait for the next available appointment, we offer a daily triage service.
We have a team of 10 Receptionists (The Reception Team), all trained to maintain patient confidentiality whilst striving to deal with patient requests as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Behind the scenes our Management Team and Administrators work hard to provide patients with the very best service. By listening to constructive patient feedback we are able to improve our services and facilities ensuring that, wherever possible, patient expectations are met.
We welcome new patients to our surgery and hope that our website, currently being updated, provides you with all the information that you may require to enable you to make that important choice as to who will be responsible for your care and support in the future.