To ensure that your concerns are dealt with appropriately, the assistants may ask you to provide them with a brief description of your symptoms. If you are not comfortable providing this information please advise the Patient Liaison Assistant.
We have a Triage Doctor available daily (Mon-Fri). If all 'on the day' appointments are booked and you feel your concerns cannot wait for the next available appointment, the Triage Doctor will call you back. Many clinical concerns can be dealt with during this telephone consultation and prescriptions can also be issued. However, should they have concerns regarding your condition they will always ensure that you are seen by an appropriate clinician.
Minor Illness Appointments
Our Minor Illness Nurse is a prescribing Nurse specialised in:
- Coughs, colds, chest infections
- Eye problems – discharge, redness, itching and soreness
- Sinusitis – nasal congestion, colds, flu symptoms, facial discomfort
- Skin problems – impetigo, insect bites, cellulitis, infections
- Sore throats
- Urinary Tract Infections, Cystitis
- Vaginal Discharge, Itching, Soreness
- Vomiting and Diarrhoea
If you feel your symptoms can be dealt with by our Minor Illness Nurse, please advise the Patient Liaison Assistant so that Doctors appointments are more easily available.